June 17 2020
Taiwan has decreased quarantine time for some travelers entering Taiwan. Short-term business travelers who meet all following four basic conditions can apply to shorten the home quarantine period:
- Travelers allowed entry to Taiwan according to CDC announcement
- Period of stay in Taiwan is less than 3 months
- Short-term entry business travelers who engage in business activities (such as inspection, after-sales service, technical guidance and training, contract signing, etc.)
- Traveling from country/region with low or low-to-medium risk of infection announced by the CDC, with no travel history to other countries/regions 14 days before boarding. this means if a traveler is a US national but traveling from low / low-to-medium risk countries/ regions with no other travel history 14 days before boarding could apply for shortening quarantine.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Although Hong Kong and Macau are listed in low risk of infection countries, since the online EEP is suspended, HK, Macau, and PRC passport holders are still prohibited from entering Taiwan.
- All foreign travelers who match above 4 conditions, they should prepare relevant supporting documents, schedules, and epidemic prevention plans at the time of visa application. They must have the COVID-19 Negative nucleic acid test report within 3 days before boarding for inspection.
The full details are in the attached document. If you have further questions, please contact us at [email protected]